Position available: Snowmaking Foreman
Reporting to the Snow Valley Operations Manager, the Snowmaking Foreman position is a full-time, year-round job with significant responsibility. The Snowmaking Foreman will install, maintain, repair, and troubleshoot snowmaking equipment and assist in snowmaking operations when required.
- Hiring, scheduling, and training snowmaking staff.
- Managing snowmaking supervisors and snowmaking staff.
- Develop snowmaking plans and priorities.
- Maintain snowmaking inventory and source parts.
- Perform duties and ensure snowmaking supervisors and staff work in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Snow Valley’s safety policies and procedures.
- Work in all weather conditions, at any time of the day or night.
- Monitor and maintain snow levels.
- Other tasks, including building and general maintenance, as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Summer Hours are Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM, with alternating Fridays off.
Winter Hours, from November to March, will vary depending on the weather and include weekend and evening shifts. A minimum of 40 hours per week, even with unfavourable Snowmaking Weather, are available for this position.
- Snowmaking experience is required.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Good communications skills, self-motivated, mature, dependable, timely and able to work well with others.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Valid G driver’s license.
- Experience operating snowmobiles, ATVs and 4x4 trucks safely and responsibly.
- Ability to lift & carry equipment weighing up to 20kg.
- Working knowledge of compressors and pumps
- Competitive industry wage.
- Learn new skills in a rewarding field.
- Become a valued team member.
- Benefit package for the whole family.
- RRSP plan with employer contributions.
- Ski pass onsite and with affiliated organizations.
- Two-week mid-summer “shutdown.”
- Exciting staff events.
- Family Season Passes.
Resumes are to be sent to the Operations Manager at Jason_Brown@skisnowvalley.com