Barrie Ski Swap
The Volunteers of the Canadian Ski Patrol are bringing you the Barrie Ski & Board Equipment Swap & Sale, hosted at Snow Valley, over 2 exciting weekends! You’ll be able to gear up for a fantastic winter on the slopes with a great selection of new and used equipment and accessories.
Snow Valley will also be hosting our annual Open House event on Saturday November 5th in conjunction with the swap! We'll have free activities for the entire family! Take a hay wagon ride, grab a lift to the top of the hill on the Triple Chair, check out our mini-tube slide or just hang out with your ski families and relax with friends with a hot apple cider!
Pre-booked times with limited capacity will allow us to manage customer traffic, eliminate long line-ups and wait times while creating a more enjoyable shopping experience. Purchasing an entry ticket will allow you to book an appointment time. We ask that you try and keep your shopping time to just 30 minutes and only book tickets for those that require equipment or a parent/guardian with children that require equipment. Everyone entering the Swap will require a ticket. Everyone entering the Swap will require a ticket –Adults 16+ are $5 and Children 15 and under are Free!
Equipment Shopping Days
- Friday November 4th: 12pm-8pm
- Saturday November 5th: 9am-5pm Snow Valley Open House Event
- Sunday November 6th: 9am-5pm
- Friday November 11th: 12pm-8pm
- Saturday November 12th: 9am-5pm
- Sunday November 13th: 9am-1pm
Looking to sell your equipment in the swap, Public receiving hours will be:
- Thursday November 3rd: 2pm-8pm
- Thursday November 10th: 2pm-8pm
Pick-up of unsold equipment:
- Sunday November 13th: 4pm-7pm
It’s easy to sell your gear
- Bring your equipment to Snow Valley between noon 2pm and 8pm on one of the two Public Receiving Days – November 3rd and 10th.
- Swap staff can help you set a fair price
- Pay a registration fee of $2 per item.
- Monitor the sales status of your equipment online to see if it’s sold.
- Pick up your cheque and/or unsold equipment between 4pm and 7pm on Sunday, November 13th or, if all your items sell, stay at home and let us mail you a cheque for the proceeds.
- If you have unsold equipment and prefer to donate it, send us an e-mail.
Five Tips for Selling your Gear:
Would you buy it? – equipment should be gently used and in good condition.
- Ski bindings over 10 years old can no longer be serviced by a licensed ski technician. As such, we do not accept them for sale.
- Snowboard bindings must be installed on a board – not sold as a standalone item.
Make your gear shine & sparkle!
- Wipe the dirt, dust and grime off your boots, skis or snowboard.
- Close boot buckles and lace up boots to restore their shape.
- Remove any rust off the edges of skis and boards with some steel wool.
Stay informed - Track the sales status of your gear online.
Avoid the crowds - Have the proceeds mailed to you or e-transferred if all your gear sells.
De-clutter - Donate your unsold equipment to charity.
Public Receiving Fine Print:
- Canadian Ski Patrol deducts a sales commission of 25% from the selling price of each public receiving item sold.
- Only alpine skis, snowboards and ski/snowboard boots are eligible for sale.No poles, helmets clothing or Nordic gear this year.
- Your equipment remains at the same selling price for the duration of the swap. No re-pricing after it’s entered for sale.
- Unsold equipment will be available for pick-up at Snow Valley from 4 to 7 pm Sunday, November 13th. After that you can make arrangements to pick it up the Canadian Ski Patrol Office, 750 Oakdale Rd Toronto (Hwy 400 & Finch Ave).
- Unclaimed equipment becomes the property of the Canadian Ski Patrol.