How do I register my child for camp?
Signing up your child for camp is a two-step process. Step one, you will purchase your selected camper age group and week(s) of camp in our e-store. To make the purchase you will need to have or create an account for yourself and add your camper to your profile. Payment is taken via credit card.
Approximately 2 weeks prior to the start of camp, you will be emailed step two - a link to our Camper Registration Wellness Form. This form will collect all the need-to-know details about your camper – emergency contact, pick up authorization, allergies, medications and overall health and wellness.
I have purchased camp for my child but need to make a schedule change. How do I do this?
Please note our refund policy does allow for changes at no fee within 24 hours of purchase. Our full refund/change policy is available here.
What is the camper to staff ratio?
- Explorers - Ages 4-7 | 8:1
- Adventurers - Ages 8-12 | 10:1
What does my child need to bring to camp daily?
To ensure your camper has the best experience possible at camp we ask you pack the following items in a lightweight and supportive backpack for easy transfer. Please remember to label all items and to leave valuables at home!
- Closed toe and heel shoes – comfortable running shoes preferred
- Healthy, litter less lunch & snacks
- Reusable water bottle – There is a refill station on site
- Hat and sunglasses
- Bathing Suit & Towel – When needed, there will not be water play every day but each week will have a special slip and slide day!
- Change of clothes to leave in backpack for the week
- Remember to dress for the weather, rain gear when needed – rainy days we still play outdoors unless there is a thunder and lightning warning in the area.
- Required medication - Epi Pens (An Individual Anaphylaxis Emergency Plan will be required for all campers with a potentially life-threatening allergy)
- Facial covering if required by public health
What are the hours of Discovery Camp?
Our camp day operates from 9:00am to 4:30pm each day. Drop off begins at 8:45am and pick up is at 4:30pm
What is the day-to-day camp schedule?
|9:00am – 9:30am||Camper Sign-in & Indoor Guided Activities|
|9:30am – 10:30am||Outdoor Active Play (theme based)|
|10:30am – 11:00am||SNACK BREAK|
|11:00am – 12:00pm||Outdoor Team Building Games|
|12:00pm – 1:00pm||LUNCH BREAK|
|1:00pm – 2:30 pm||Outdoor Active Play|
|2:30pm – 3:00pm||SNACK BREAK|
|3:00pm – 4:30pm||Group Activities (theme based)|
What should my child leave at home?
We ask that all valuables are left at home, including:
- Electronic Devices; cellphones, gaming devices
- Clothing or items not suitable for camp (things you do not want to get dirty)
My child takes prescription medication daily. Can I send it with them to camp?
All camp counsellors are First Aid and CPR certified, however, Discovery Camp counsellors DO NOT administer medications (unless it is an emergency such as the use of an EpiPen – please see our accompanying anaphylaxis policy). If your child needs medication throughout the day please arrange for a parent or a designate to come and do so. Also, please ensure this information is communicated clearly on the application form when enrolling your child.
Can a friend or alternate family member pick up my child?
When completing the Camper Registration Form,we ask that you identify Parent/Guardian and Emergency Contact information. Any other authorized pick-up personal can be listed as well with contact information and relation. All pick-up personal will require photo ID to ensure the safety of all camp participants.
What are the weekly themes for camp this year?
See our fun and exciting theme weeks right here.
Are you hiring for summer camp employees?
Our camp is already staffed but we are in search of some incredible student volunteers! This is a great way for students to earn their community volunteer hours in a fun and enriching environment. Volunteers must be age 14+ by July 1, 2023 and able to commit to 2 weeks of volunteering over the course of the summer. Click for Volunteer Application.
Do you have a Parent and Camper Handbook?
Yes, click Parent and Camper Handbook.